Tuesday, January 12, 2010

libya in lowercase, days 16 - 20

more peace, more love, and five more poems from far away. ❤.


- + -


april 25, 2009. saturday.


i spit metal into a sink today.


i should probably be able to make more of that than i am,

but i can’t.


the dentist was nice, with soft hands

stray hairs grew up his cheekbone, trailing away from his beard.


my aunt told him my life story while he drilled my teeth.

he mmm’d and said he was impressed


it bothers me more than it should when i wonder if he was telling the truth.

-


april 26, 2009. sunday.


it hurts more than you would think to realize

that something you thought you knew how to do for years

is completely wrong.


bismillahi ar-rahman ar-raheem.


that fact that is it these words i still cannot say

shakes me somewhere that hasn’t been touched in a while.


-


april 27, 2009. monday.


marriages arranged through phone calls make me nervous

like not enough words spread into too large a space.


he has blue eyes, they tell me

like it should make a difference.


is it wrong that it does?


-


april 28, 2009. tuesday.


why won’t you let me remember you like this,

like dusty roads and sun too hot

to be allowed?


i don’t want to remember you in high-rise cities

while taxi cabs zoom by


it makes you seem too real.


why won’t you just be my dream?


-


april 29, 2009. wednesday.


hijab shopping in furnaj –

boys in nike shirts

and

aacida at night.


does it get better than this?


3 comments:

YourOasis said...

Hey its Shani aka TwiNutter/YourOasis.

"it makes you seem too real.


why won’t you just be my dream?"

>> this one touched me more like you have no idea.

:)

Yellow ninja said...

"he has blue eyes, they tell me
like it should make a difference.

is it wrong that it does?"

I really can't let go on this line. I remember this the most. :)

Anonymous said...

wonderful!
you writing is amazing, i cant stop reading.